We are currently looking for a skilled & organized Product Manager to join our Checkout team!
The Checkout team is responsible for the complete order lifecycle, from customers first placing items into their baskets to handling the refund of a returned item weeks later. Between these two points the team interacts with a multitude of internal and external players, spanning from an in-house CRM team to the external marketplace and multiple payment providers in a variety of countries. The applications the Checkout team maintains span from high traffic & fault tolerance API hubs to security-conscious and reliable backend processing engines.
Does it sound interesting for you? If so, here are more challenges the team will be working on in the next 12 months:
- Building & maintaining a scalable new solution for our Retail and Cloud businesses
- Working in a multi-application & multi-tenant environment with multiple stakeholders, each deeply involved in different facets of the Checkout as a product
- Steering our products in a direction that allows them to be more flexible, open and easy to integrate to support our Cloud Customers.
What you will do
- Work in a rapidly evolving environment with daily challenges in transforming business goals into technical solutions
- Collaborate with a dedicated, self-sufficient team from a variety of nationalities in specifying and building end-to-end features
- Learning new tools to support you and your developers
- Interface with a multitude of stakeholders, all involved & vested in the many facets of the Checkout as a product
- Work in a SCRUM environment and act as a facilitator & driver for improvements in how the team works
- Build on your technical know-how to support the integration process of service providers and consumers from specification and API definition to QA and release.
- Lots of space for your own ideas and creations, flat hierarchies and very short decision making process
Who you are
- University degree of business administration, business informatics, computer science or equivalent knowledge & at least 2 years work experience
- Have experience working, understanding & specifying processes within IT systems and familiar with REST API, databases, etc.
- Experience in managing stakeholders from both technical and business backgrounds
- Project or product management background with an emphasis on IT or eCommerce
- Understanding of impact analysis, identification of edge-cases and dependencies, clarification of priority and business value, and defining potential approaches to resolution
- Experience in triaging operative issues, identifying technical dependencies and evaluating business impact
- Proactive, solution-oriented, self-motivated and communication is one of your strengths
Nice to have:
- Practical programming experiences are beneficial
- Experience with development tooling & processes (git, Jira, etc.)
- Grow together with one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Company flats (subject to availability)
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
- Free access to Germany’s greatest developer conference code.talks
- German health insurance included
- Company pension scheme
- Help in relocation and VISA process
To apply for this job please visit corporate.aboutyou.de.